Volunteers are the ‘hearts and hands’ of hospice. We currently have 112 Volunteers offering over 3,800 hours of service each year. Many describe it as “the most fulfilling thing they do with their time”.
Join Our Team
Help us make a difference in the lives of those living with a progressive life-threatening illness, their families, and those experiencing grief and loss.
The Application Process
As part of the volunteer application process you can expect that we’ll complete the following:
1. Application reviewed by Volunteer Services Manager
2. An interview so we can get to know you better
3. A Criminal Record and Child Welfare check
4. Two reference checks (via telephone)
5. Direct client care roles will require the 26hr Hospice Care Training series, developed by Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Association.