Join Our Team
Make a difference in the lives of those living with a progressive life-threatening illness, their families, and those experiencing grief and loss.
Volunteer Positions include:
Expressive Arts for Grieving Children & Teens: looking for individuals who have background in arts, social work, education and a caring heart for those who have experienced a loss due to death.
Compassionate Companions: looking for individuals to provide one to one companionship and compassionate support to adults diagnoses with life threatening illness and those needing end of life care, where ever they live (home, extended care facilities)
Adult Respite Day Program: looking for individuals Mon, Tues and/or Wed 9am to 3pm to provide social, emotional, recreational and physical support to adults diagnosed with a life threatening illness. This is a group setting supervised by the nursing staff.
Special Events, Fundraising, Administration, Advocacy: looking for individuals who have backgrounds or interests in these areas and can offer their assistance for specific events or short term projects.
The Application Process
As part of the volunteer application process you can expect that we’ll complete the following:
1. Application reviewed by Volunteer Services Manager
2. An interview so we can get to know you better
3. A Criminal Record and Child Welfare check
4. Two reference checks (via telephone)
5. Direct client care roles will require the 26hr Hospice Care Training series, developed by Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Association.