COORDINATOR, DONOR RELATIONS & STEWARDSHIP
Are you an amazing ambassador? Do you love to engage with people? Do you understand the importance of donor management? If so, you may just be the newest member of the Pilgrims Hospice team.
The Roozen Family Hospice Centre is under construction now with an anticipated opening at the end of 2020. Built and operated by Pilgrims Hospice Society, this first-for-Edmonton facility will incorporate a
12-suite, 24/7 hospice residence with its wrap-around community support programs established over the last 25 years.
Pilgrims Hospice Society (PHS) is a registered charity that provides supportive and compassionate family-centered care to enhance the quality and dignity of life for those diagnosed with a progressive, life-limiting illness as well as support to those who are grieving the death of a loved one, from any cause.
As a member of the Fund Development Team, the Coordinator, Donor Relations & Stewardship, is responsible for leading the coordination and management of donor contact and data entry for fundraising and fund development initiatives. Reporting to the Director, Development & Community Relations, this position supports the creation, maintenance and growth of fund development revenues and is responsible for the overall administration of the donor databases, including transition of ETapestry to Raiser’s Edge as well as all forms of gift processing.
• Manage donor data and provide strategic, timely and accurate information for campaign planning and support and identify data needed for the successful implementation of all fundraising and fund development programs and services
• Ongoing design and implementation of manuals and training documentation for Raiser’s Edge and training of all fundraising and fund development staff in use of the database and in data entry of gift processing
• Ensure timely turnaround for data entry into Raiser’s Edge database of all complete donor stewardship program including but not limited to endowment agreements, daily / monthly & yearly donations and pledges and to also ensure all appropriate backup documentation is included
• Communicate with donors by phone and email to take donations and updates, and resolve issues and concerns
• Ongoing creation of reports, queries, dashboards as well as financial and statistical reports to verify in conjunction with accounting records
• Receipting and / or gift acknowledgement letters
• Experience in charitable giving, donation handling in compliance with CRA regulations and customer relations
• Flexible in handling concurrent priorities and other job requirements as assigned, with good self-directed time management skills
• Ability to work within a diverse group of people with a collaborative team approach
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
• A diploma or degree in a related field (Fund Development, business and administration, information technology) preferred
• 3 Year’s of relevant working experience with a demonstrated understanding of fundraising best practice, policy, process, procedures and competent management of database and software applications is required
• Previous database experience with Raiser’s Edge is a requirement
• Excellent organizational / written and verbal skills with the ability to set priorities and manage deadlines concurrently within multiple projects
• Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications
• Ability to rapidly adapt to changing environment within the organization
• Ability to work outside of regular office hours from time to time
TO APPLY: Send your resume to Elaine Warick, Director, Development & Community Relations, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for submissions is January 15, 2020.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.