Volunteer work at Pilgrims Hospice Society is one of the best and most fulfilling ways that anyone can spend their time.
We are thankful for the thousands of hours contributed each year by our dedicated volunteers, in support of program operations.
Join Our Team
Help us extend a loving hand to those facing a progressive life-threatening illness, as well as their families, and those experiencing grief and loss at any age.
Your involvement in Hospice is truly a gift to your community.
We encourage you to reflect on what you think you can bring to Hospice and why you feel it will be a satisfying volunteer opportunity.
You may find some questions in our application only seem relevant if you are considering volunteering in direct client services. However we encourage you to complete as much information as possible, regardless of the type of volunteering you identify as being of interest.
After your application is received the process is as follows:
– Application reviewed by Volunteer Services Manager
– You will be contacted for an interview with two members of our team
– You will be required to complete our Criminal Record and Child Welfare checks
– Two reference checks will be conducted via telephone
– Attending Hospice Orientation is required by all volunteers
– Those volunteering in direct client care roles will be required to complete the 26hr Hospice Care Training series, developed by Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Association
If you have questions about the completion or timing of your application, please call the Hospice at 780-413–9801 or email us.
We look forward to hearing from you.
You may complete the online application form OR print a copy to mail/fax Volunteer Application Form