Compassionate Companions Home Visiting Program
If you have ever helped someone cope with the day-to-day reality of a life-threatening/life-limiting condition, you know that love is simply not enough. Without outside support, families are often overwhelmed and uncertain how to access support. Our Compassionate Companion program can help with:
- Emotional & Social Support
- Respite Care
- Practical Assistance (light meal prep and home making)
- Life Review & Legacy Work
- Spiritual Support
A trained Compassionate Companion volunteer visitor can improve the quality of life for those who are ill and their caregivers. Compassionate Companions offer support by:
- Providing companionship: listening and providing compassionate support without offering advice
- Focusing on the person and not the illness
- Visiting you in your home, hospital or care facility
- Offer caregivers scheduled breaks and time to meet their own needs
Our CC volunteers are trained through the nationally recognized Canadian Hospice and Palliative Care Volunteer Training. Volunteers are carefully matched with each client, and are required to stay in close contact with the Program Manager to ensure quality continuity of care for each client.
This service is offered at no charge in the spirit and philosophy of hospice care.
Bonnie Ross, LPN, Manager of Respite Services 780-413-9801 ext 103 email@example.com